Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Gem Clear versus Everclear

Everclear has absolutely no odor other than pure alcohol. It left me with no after-taste and no hangover. It's made with corn.

Gem Clear, while it is slightly cheaper, leaves me with a Vodka-like aftertaste, a terrible hangover, and a day with a mildly upset stomach. I can't find information on what's it's made with. I'm guessing potatoes.

The upside of this is a loss of appetite because alcohol has 7 calories per gram.

Typically I mix 50 ml of the alcohol with 50 ml of Margarita mix over ice in an 8 oz glass, then top it off with water, or tonic water. Under normal conditions, you should only use about 25 ml of the alcohol, which would match a normal Margarita's alcohol content.

You can stretch your alcohol budget very far with cheap, pure alcohol, instead of buying expensive brands of Vodka or Gin. Basically about half the price.

No comments: